Don't realy know where to start. It's kinda ironic that I'm starting at the end...at the end of two wonderful women's lives and at the end of a mission that I will never forget. It's just important that we have these quilts now for ouselves and our children. And they are ours...we didn't have to ask for them or wait and see if someone else didn't want them, they are just ours!! I love them so much and Sarah did too. The suspence was killing everyone-waiting to see/hear her reaction! She truly does love them too and does realize the hard work and meaning in every stitch. She says something about her quilt every time I talk to her, and was sleeping with it, so I think I got the reaction I was wanting. (everyone can let their shoulders relax now!!) Anyway not a day goes by that I don't think about Lawanna and Granny. I look at Brodey's face every day and see Lawanna's smile. And Mason still says some of the silly things Granny used to say like "ooo wee". I can only imagine how Kyle and Sarah must feel. Kyle absolutly adored these two women. It is still so hard to believe they are realy gone.
Six months ago I walked into a quilt shop with a garbage bag filled with what was left of their clothes and now we have these beautiful quilts. I owe everything to Mrs. Rita at Playtime Quilts. She is a Quilt Queen!! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank Everyone at PlaytimeQuilts!! Everyone there made my experience something unbelievable. I can't wait to go back and work with everyone again.
The first day Rita and I worked on the qults was my most memorable day. We dumped out all the clothes to look through everything to make sure all could be used and layed them out to see how we could get the most out of each piece. Seeing them layed out full body like that was so hard. The tears just started flowing. Then after "ripping" all the clothes up, they all had to be pressed to get seems out. Lawanna's clothes had been washed, but Granny's had not so the steam from the iron released her perfume all into the air. I bawled and ironed and Mrs. Rita "ripped". What a day!! Needless to say that was not the only day I cried...just the most memorable.
We miss you, Mom & Granny!
P.S. Special Thanks to my BFF--my BFF Soul Mate--for the quilt idea.
(nothing with out you Babe!!)
Click here for Myspace Layouts
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Hey Babe...lets try this again! First of all you made me cry. This is a WONDERFUL post...def worth the wait. I am soooo very proud of you, all the time and work and emotional energy you put into this. You are my super-star!! I'm so glad that you got to know & love & enjoy these beautiful women. I hope and pray that we as mothers have the same effect on our children and grand-children as Lawanna and Granny have had on your family. xoxoxo
Thank you so much! You always lift me up. ;)
Post a Comment