Click here for Myspace Layouts
Sunday, September 6, 2009
About The Duggars
If you have not read Mckmamma's post about The Duggar's...you should. It is good. In my opinion. They are an Amazing family that are very misunderstood. If the media and everyone that was quick to judge, did more research on their actual family rather than how many children they had, they would see that too. I suggest that anyone read their book. It is soooo interesting. It answers so many questions that people out there want to know about this family. I got the book from the library, but am going to buy it because Kyle and I both like the book so much. It's like my "What to expect when your expecting" book. I've read that book a million times, and used it as a reference guide. Well The Duggar's book is that good for parenting, nursing, etc., tips. Also in the book it shares the family's story from the very beginning...their struggles and victories. They are normal people, but somehow extraordinary, and to me not just because they have 18 children. They live right here in my home state of Arkansas (Go Hogs), Jim Bob has been a State Represenitive, Michelle has delivered some of her own children!!, they have 18 children, THEY ARE COMPLETELY DEPT FREE!, they home school. I mean is all of this not enough to be extraordinary?! There is a lot to learn from this family. Kyle and I both have got some awsome tips and ways to think about from The Duggar book. 18-19 children isn't for everyone, but the Duggar's seem to have it more together than any family I know with no more than 4-5 children. It hurts to be judged. I still want to try for that precious little girl, and only a handful of friends really stand by me. Most family and outsiders think I should be satisfied "with what I've got". I am so proud of my large family and all my friends with large familys. It feels good to see them together, enjoying each other, knowing we are not going to have lonely elder years! Every day Kyle and I try to be the best parents we can be, and always put that first, and I really think you can see that in our children. In their maners(sp), grades, sports, apearence, attitude, etc. Everyone around us always expresses what a joy our children are. (you are allowed one seriously snobby brag about your children on your own blog per month)lol! I have never heard one negative thing about the Duggar children. They are alway well behaved, all play musical instuments, can cook, can sew, can read as early as age 3, all can change a tire and oil, list goes on and on. All of this is because of the parents, not because of the "older siblings taking care of them". These are just my opinions on my blog. The Duggar's book is called : The Duggar's 18 and Counting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Hey sweetie! Awesome post! I say GO FOR THE GIRL! :) I have 4 biological children + Mike's daughter + Blaine & Skye (they might not all live w/us) but they are our kids- and i love them all very much! I do the best i can raising them... and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world... i came from a small family and i LOVE big families! I LOVE The Duggars - i have not read the book - but watch their tv show! LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment